Thursday, June 26, 2008

Screwing on picture hangers

Today I finally got around to hanging my big bulletin board. The thing that kept me procrastinating was that it came with the hanging hardware separate. I had to choose a direction and screw two hanging triangles to the frame. One of the annoyances of this kind of hanging is that the triangle is attached to a slip of metal with two holes to put the screws through. Once you get the screws in place, the hanger moves.

One little trick to help: tape the piece in place with masking tape. It won't interfere, because you can see the holes right through the tape; but it keeps the piece from sliding around, and helps, also, to hold the screw in place when you are screwing it in, before it's deep enough into the wood to stay put.

1 comment:

Kate Wicker said...

Christina, thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for leaving a comment. Like I wrote, keeping my eye on the goal and embracing humility is a constant struggle for me - even after I write a post like that! :)

Have a wonderful Fourth! God bless.