Sunday, June 01, 2008

Save on Medicines

For anyone who doesn't already know, if you have regular prescriptions it is worth looking at Wal-Mart's list of discount medicines. For a list of common generics, they offer $4 pricing (or in many cases, $10 for three months), because they buy in such huge bulk. This is great for those who are uninsured or have unaffordable co-pays.

I have two regular medicines, which until now I have bought at the pharmacy down the street. But then we had a glitch with my insurance, and I had to either put off buying my medicines or pay for them myself. One was $92, and the other was $14. At Wal-Mart I can get three months of both for just $20, and not have to worry about running out. At my regular pharmacy that same three months would cost $318 if I paid cash, or $60 in co-pays.

1 comment:

ROSA E OLIVIER said...

"Piú giú, in fondo alla Tuscolana...

!?...pssavo per un saluto!

http://elanavev.blogspot.com/